The O Marisquiño MTB Downtown is an urban downhill race through the streets of the old town, Vigo. It is one of the most spectacular competitions of the festival and one of the most loved by the public.
In 2022, a new track will be set, it’s an incredible descent through the narrow and steep streets of the old town of the city of Vigo that crosses the backbone of the city of Vigo. With the start gate at the highest point of the city centre, this location was already chosen by the first Celtic settlements to lay the foundations of the city. The finish line will be in the O Berbés square, the fishermen's area from which Vigo began to grow.
The track design has a mix of dirt and asphalt, speed and technique, jumps and unexpected turns. All of it to ensure that the riders do not lose pace and flow through the streets of the most iconic places in Vigo: el Olivo, la panificadora, las escaleras de O Castro, la calle de los Peligros, la calle Real, etc.
Do you want to join?
Participants are obliged to perform the 4 official training runs at the times given by the organization, the Semifinal run, which will determine the order of departure in the final run, and the final run which will set the final results.
You cannot stop on the track during training (continuous descent from the start to the finish line). It is forbidden to ride down outside the hours set by the organization. Any rider who fails to comply with this rule will be disqualified from the event and will not be refunded the registration fee.
Registrations will open through the O Marisquiño website from July 1st and cost 25 Euros. Non-federated rider registrations are not allowed. A mountain bike competitive license by a federation is required.
The Bib pick-up will take place on Sunday, August 14th in the finish area. From 8:45 to 09:15. No bibs will be given after that time.
All bicycles powered by human action will be accepted. Electric bikes are not allowed.
The organization will give each participant a plaque with the number of the runner and the sponsors of the event. It must be placed in front of the handlebars of the bicycle in a visible place. It is forbidden to make any modifications to the plate or to cover its logos or images.
A full-face helmet, back protection, knee pads, gloves and long-sleeved T-shirt will be mandatory.
TO PARTICIPATE IT WILL BE NECESSARY TO SHOW ANY OF THE FOLLOWING RESULTS:
- Have at least 1 ICU point in the DH classification during the year 2020-2021 or 2022.
- Have performed at least one absolute Top-30 in any competition of the Spanish Open of DH or Spanish Championship during the years 2019, 2020, 2021 or 2022.
- Have performed at least one absolute Top-20 in s the DH Galicia Open* or Campeonato de Galicia * during the years 2019, 2020, 2021 or 2022.
- Have performed at least one absolute Top-20 in any event of the Spanish Enduro Open or Spanish Championship during the years 2019, 2020, 2021 or 2022.
- Have performed at least one absolute Top-20 in some of the Galician Open * of Enduro or Galician Championship * during the years 2019, 2020, 2021 or 2022.
* Open results or official regional championships from other autonomous communities are also valid, as long as they are official.
If some of the requirements are not met, the organization may reject the registration and will refund the registration fee.